Kits Media builds custom WordPress sites based on your preferences. We’ll ask you about sites you like, and recommend features that can be used on your own site. We can customize any look or feel you want.
We build custom themes that are compatible with the most recent version of WordPress. We ensure they’re worry-free and still function after each new release of WordPress. Our themes are industry-standard and can easily be modified, including modifications to the page layout, colours, fonts, plugins and widgets. We ensure the basic structure is search-engine friendly. Our themes are lean, clean and mobile-first, ensuring they perform well on phones and tablets.
We don’t use free themes or commercial (purchased) themes. They can have serious issues and we can’t guarantee their performance.
Common issues with free themes:
– Can contain dodgy links and malicious code that will affect your visitors and search engine optimization
– May not be compatible with the most recent version of WordPress
– May not include features we won’t discover until the theme is installed and used
– Can affect search engine trust and rankings
– May show ads or links we cannot remove
– Regular updates are not usually provided
– Do not generally come with support
Premium or commercial themes are a better choice as they have been professionally designed and developed. They usually include advanced features and functionality, such as sliders, ecommerce, styling options, and custom widgets. However they come with their own unique problems and issues, and as a result we prefer not to use them.
Common issues with premium themes:
– Extremely bloated code runs in the background to provide choices and features you will never use, but that will slow down your website’s response and load time and cause a poor user experience – especially on mobile devices.
– Usually impossible to modify – either because the code is locked away, forcing all choices to be made through a graphical interface, or difficult and time-consuming to locate specific code
– Updates may not be provided when WordPress releases a new version
– The basic structure may not be SEO-friendly
– Some of the included plugins and widgets may not be right for your needs, but are impossible to modify or replace
We are also very selective about the hosts we recommend. We want your site to be safe and secure. Due to widespread malware and other security risks on popular hosts, we recommend managed hosting. Our custom, mobile-first websites also include a backup system. Ask us about managed hosting!